The Baptist Faith and Message is a statement of generally held convictions prepared by the Southern Baptists that we at First Baptist Church in Mountain View believe. These include:
- The Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God’s revelation of Himself to man.
- There is one and only one living and true God.
- Christ is the eternal Son of God.
- The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, fully divine.
- Man is the special creation of God, made in His own image.
- Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer.
- Those whom God has accepted in Christ and sanctified by His Spirit will never fall away from the state of grace, but shall persevere to the end.
- A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel.
- Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer’s faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior.
- The Lord’s Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate his second coming.
- It is the duty and privilege of every follower of Christ and every church of the Lord Jesus Christ to endeavor to make disciples of all nations…to seek constantly to win the lost to Christ.
- God is the source of blessings, temporal and spiritual; all that we have and are we owe to Him.
For more on Southern Baptist beliefs, click here.